Finance and Administration
Meets monthly on second Tuesday at 7:00 PM in Parish Center 3.
Purpose: This primary purpose of the Finance Council is to facilitate parish participation in the four-fold mission of Jesus Christ to celebrate, proclaim, build community and serve.
The Finance and Administration Council's primary obligation is planning, providing for and supervising the financial affairs and the physical properties of the parish. It is concerned with the budget, stewardship and church support, as well as the effective utilization and maintenance of the parish plant. This committee thus provides the necessary administrative and financial skills needed to sustain the mission and ongoing development of the parish community. (It should be noted, however, that this council does not decide priorities for the parish; this being the responsibility of the Pastoral Council itself.)
1) To research, prepare and submit to the Pastoral Council the annual parish budget for the approaching fiscal year.
2) To integrate the goal-setting process with the budget mechanism to insure that financial resources and goals are compatible.
3) To review monthly actual income and expenditures of the parish versus budgeted income and expenditures and to recommend action when they deviate.
4) To assist in establishing effective means of raising the funds needed to attain the goals of the parish.
5) To inspect periodically all parish properties so that they remain in proper repair.
6) To submit a list of priority repairs and improvements to the Pastoral Council as a guide to the parish maintenance needs.
7) To take responsibility for care of the parish grounds, i.e. snow and ice removal, lawn care etc.
8) To insure that the financial policies of the parish are in accord with Archdiocesan guidelines.
9) To develop and review parish personnel policies.