The St. Ludmila Religious Education Program is dedicated to providing the Catholic community of Cedar Rapids with a dynamic learning environment that is rich in faith formation, Catholic doctrine and religious celebration.
Sue Berger Director of Religious Education 319.362.8148 or email: email@example.com
Sandy Tanberg RE Administrative Assistant 319.362.8148 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours: Monday through Thursday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Wednesday evening hours 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Early Session RE K through 8th grade; 5:15 - 6:30 PM
Late Session RE K through 9th grade; 6:45 - 8:00 PM
Religious Ed Facts—Did you know?
- There are over 308 students in our RE program, K—9.
- We minister to over 200 families.
- There are 42 staff members.
- 4 catechists were former Directors of RE.
- 4 catechists that are/were professional teachers.
- 14 catechists that have taught for over 5 years.
- 6 male staff & 36 female staff
- We do monthly service projects and have had the “red truck” parked in our lot every Wed. evening for almost 2 years, for families to drop off non-perishable food items & clothing for St. Vincent de Paul, Crossroads Mission & Metro Catholic Outreach.
We are proud of our Religious Education families as they live out the Gospel message through “loving God, and loving others”. If you have a child who doesn’t attend a Catholic school...there is still time to enroll them in the Religious Ed Program. Contact Sandy or Sue at 362.8148.
Be a Blessing! St. Ludmila Rel. Ed. students are putting together "Blessing Bags" for the homeless. We invite you to also think about doing this and "be a blessing" to someone in need.
Using a gallon size plastic bag fill it with items that would help sustain someone for a day or more. The bag may contain these items: small hand sanitizer or bar soap, toothpaste/toothbrush, small deodorant, shampoo packet, granola bar or crackers, small bottle of water, chapstick, small fruit packet, etc. Dollar stores are great for finding things that could be put into the bag. A gift card would also be appreciated. Make sure you write a prayer of blessings and let the person know you are praying for him/her. Keep this bag in your car and as you see a need, give it to that person. Let us continue to be "blessings to one another". Thank you. Sue Berger/Director